Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: jarpomarx, TUCO  
Forum » LOSSLESS [APE-FLAC-WavPack...] » Rock-Hard Rock-Heavy Metal » Testament - Souls Of Black (1990, atlantic)
Testament - Souls Of Black (1990, atlantic)
SHIFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 1:55 PM | Mensaje # 1
Pide asilo
Grupo: Usuarios
Estatus: Offline

Testament will always be one of those bands that divides opinion amongst the headbanging masses. This is nothing new as there are many bands out there that divide opinion. However, with Testament it always seems like opinion is divided from album to album...give 10 metal-heads a chance and you'll get 10 different "top 3" lists of Testament albums.

I will now go on record to say that this is, in fact, my favorite of all the "classic line-up" Testament records, even moreso than The Legacy, because this is the album where they truly perfected what they do best.

We all know the story of this album, the guys had three months to write, record and produce an entire album. I think this is something that worked in the band's favorite as I've always believed Testament had a habit of overthinking things and, as a result, releasing albums that seemed to reflect more what they thought they should do as opposed to what they simply should have done.

I won't argue whether or not Testament was the most creative band out there and admittedly, in 2009 this material doesn't even seem all that heavy or all that metal, but remember this was released in 1990 and "heavy" meant something completely different than it does now. What Testament were was a second-wave Bay Area thrash band with a devastating lead guitar player that played a more mid-tempo, song oriented brand of thrash...a brand of thrash that would never blow one's brains out with high riff counts or high BPM counts but, at its best, took solid riff sets and constructed them in a thoughtful manner.

I remember someone calling Testament "thinking man's metal" and for better or worse, that's as good a description as I've heard.

SOULS OF BLACK represents thinking man's metal at its best as the band strikes with devastating riff after devastating riff, where no riff ever overstays its welcome and where everything flows brilliantly. What results is the most consistent album of Testament's career. "Face In The Sky", "Falling Fast", the title track and "Seven Days Of May" stand up to anything the band ever did and "The Legacy" is, in my opinion, the best "ballad" the band ever did.

To my ears, the only place where the album suffers is in production. Chuck Billy is so far back in the mix and so drowned in reverb that it sounds at times as if he's singing in a different room. It's a shame to because Billy gives the 2nd best performance of his career on this record (not too far off his work on "Low"). On the other hand, the rush job probably prevented Peterson and Skolnick from overproducing the guitars, and that's a good thing because they sound like thunder on this record...crunchy yet still with that trebly bite that was missing from "Practice..."

Need I say anything about Alex Skolnick? His soloing really got better and better with each album and it is no different here...just check out the solo to "Face In The Sky" and the way he works over the riff and tempo shifts...awesome!!!

Mine is only one opinion of course and, again, 10 other people will have 10 other things to say, however if there is one album that best represents classic era Testament doing what they do best, it is SOULS OF BLACK.

A Winner!!!

Track List:

01 Beginning of the End
02 Face in the Sky
03 Falling Fast
04 Souls of Black
05 Absence of Light
06 Love to Hate
07 Malpractice
08 One Man's Fate
09 The Legacy
10 Seven Days of May

Disponible sólo a los usuarios

return to forever ...

ojotigreFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 2:03 PM | Mensaje # 2
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Welcome to EsparaelMetal and thanks for sharing via Emule.
Greetings friend

MY NEW TRADE LIST-ABRIL 2016-DVDs-Blue RayS And more KISS
https://mega.nz/#F!c0wGhKCK!PjmDCqhWUnBqyd6mZHezcg

jarpomarxFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 5:21 PM | Mensaje # 3
EsparaelMetalTeaM
It's great and amazing seeing a Emule monster like you here at our humble home. Thanks for sharing.

And of course: WELCOME!!! biggrin

NO A LA LEY LASSALLE

ojotigreFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 5:46 PM | Mensaje # 4
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Si Jarpo, como aquí no se está , éste es el mejor sitio y ya se viene la gente como SHI, al menos no estaremos solos para poner cosas en el Emule.

SHIFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 7:11 PM | Mensaje # 5
Pide asilo
jarpomarx, ojotigre, thank you.
by the way, there is another monster releaser here .. rolleyes

return to forever ...

Mensaje editado por SHI - Sábado, 2013-05-04, 7:12 PM

unica723Fecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 9:53 PM | Mensaje # 6
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Administradores
the monsters live !!!!!!!

SHI, welcome to esparaelmetal .....
We are pleased your cooperation and from as far

many greetings

SHIFecha: Domingo, 2013-05-05, 8:53 AM | Mensaje # 7
Pide asilo
^^

return to forever ...

brocklesnarFecha: Jueves, 2013-05-09, 10:05 PM | Mensaje # 8
Pide asilo
Hello. Is anyone else having trouble downloading this release? huh

jarpomarxFecha: Jueves, 2013-05-09, 11:31 PM | Mensaje # 9
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Cita (brocklesnar)
Hello. Is anyone else having trouble downloading this release?

Try now, I have edited the link for doing it more "clickeable". Let me know if there is any problem.

NO A LA LEY LASSALLE

brocklesnarFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-10, 0:24 AM | Mensaje # 10
Pide asilo
Cita (jarpomarx)
I have edited the link for doing it more "clickeable".

It's the same problem I had before Jarpo, my Emule doesn't see any sources. Trying to remember how I solved it last time....

Mensaje editado por brocklesnar - Viernes, 2013-05-10, 0:25 AM

jarpomarxFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-10, 8:17 AM | Mensaje # 11
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Cita (brocklesnar)
t's the same problem I had before Jarpo, my Emule doesn't see any sources. Trying to remember how I solved it last time....

OK. I will post the link in some other forums today so I hope there are more sources in a few hours. Take a look to check if this is the only file in wich you're getting troubles so you can see if it's something about your emule configuration (ports, firewall...). I sometimes have problems with some users.

NO A LA LEY LASSALLE

ojotigreFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-10, 10:28 AM | Mensaje # 12
EsparaelMetalTeaM
jarpomarx
Yo lo tengo en el incoming, lo estoy compartiendo aunque apago el ordenador todas las noches. Por cierto Jarpo, el titulo que has puesto en le enlace para Pinchar no es Testament, es Black Sabbath, aunque el archivo si es Testament

jarpomarxFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-10, 10:31 AM | Mensaje # 13
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Cita (ojotigre)
Por cierto Jarpo, el titulo que has puesto en le enlace para Pinchar no es Testament, es Black Sabbath, aunque el archivo si es Testament

Tela!!! Cómo tengo la cabeza.
Corregido, gracias.

NO A LA LEY LASSALLE

brocklesnarFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-10, 5:49 PM | Mensaje # 14
Pide asilo
Now I see ojotigre as a source. Thanks guys!

Forum » LOSSLESS [APE-FLAC-WavPack...] » Rock-Hard Rock-Heavy Metal » Testament - Souls Of Black (1990, atlantic)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
brocklesnar, sekes, Melissavita

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024