Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: unica723  
Forum » Albumes » Agencia tributaria » NEKTAR - A Spoonful Of Time (2012) (Progresive Hard Rock-Germany-Covers)
NEKTAR - A Spoonful Of Time (2012)
ojotigreFecha: Miércoles, 2012-11-14, 9:48 PM | Mensaje # 1
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Usuarios
Estatus: Offline
NEKTAR - A Spoonful Of Time (2012)

NEKTAR is probably the most German-like of the seventies British bands, a fame that owes a lot to the town in which this act was founded (Hamburg) and to their stylistic approach.
Their earliest works were hard rock that drew heavily from the space-rock and later the band definitely turned melodic Prog releasing some mindblowing epic albums.
Nektar is celebrating their 43rd Anniversary releasing an album covering classic songs of all time aptly entitled “A Spoonful Of Time”, featuring an all-star guest line up.

Amongst the contributors we have Rick Wakeman, Geoff Downes, Derek Sherinian, Billy Sheehan, Ian Paice, Steve Howe and many more luminaries.
Doing a covers album can be tricky business; you need the right songs, but more importantly the inspiration and enthusiasm to bring them to life by your own interpretation. In the case of “A Spoonful Of Time” the results are satisfactory for most of these classic tunes.
Nektar chose 14 popular, mostly rock, songs from the last 40 years or so. Most are well known like Rush's "Spirit of the Radio", Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here", The Doors's "Riders on the Storm" or Toto's "Africa".
Others, like Roxy Music's "Out of the Blue" and The Rolling Stone's "2000 Light Years from Home" may be a little more obscure for some.

On all covers, Nektar's interpretation basically stay faithful to the original melodies and arrangements of every song with, of course, some Prog variation.
I liked the majority, being Rush's "Spirit of the Radio", Toto's "Africa" (featuring Bobby Kimball on vocals), 10CC's "I'm Not In Love", the mellotron festival of "Blinded By The Light" and Door's "Riders On The Storm" with a long keyboard solo, the best of the bunch.
Steve Miller's "Fly Like an Eagle" and Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home" are the only weak covers for me, a bit flat in their development.
On the other hand, in the obscure O' Jays song, "For the Love of Money" (that drops more into the Motown category) Nektar version is truly well done with Ian Paice hitting the skins effectively.

Nektar's “A Spoonful Of Time” was produced by the band and mixed by Prog icon Billy Sherwood, who also played bass on some of the tracks.
The CD is a good Classic Rock collection of tunes covered with a Prog touch performed by these seasoned musicians with ease. It's a pleasure listening Bobby Kimball singing again or Billy Sheehan and Ian Paice playing something different from what they do in their bands.
Nice.
1. Sirius (cover – The Alan Parsons Project)
2. Spirit Of The Radio (cover – Rush)
3. Fly Like An Eagle (cover – The Steve Miller Band)
4. Wish You Were Here (cover – Pink Floyd)
5. For The Love Of Money (cover – The O’Jays)
6. Can’t Find My Way Home (cover – Blind Faith)
7. 2000 Light Years From Home (cover – The Rolling Stones)
8. Riders On The Storm (cover – The Doors)
9. Blinded By The Light (cover – Bruce Springteen)
10. Out Of The Blue (cover – Roxy Music)
11. Old Man (cover – Neil Young)
12. Dream Weaver (cover – Gary Wright)
13. I’m Not In Love (cover –10cc )
14. Africa (cover – Toto)

1. Sirius
featuring Michael Pinnella (Symphony X)

2. Spirit Of The Radio
featuring Mark Kelly (Marillion)

3. Fly Like An Eagle
feat. Geoff Downes (Asia) • Joel Vandroogenbroeck (Brainticket)

4. Wish You Were Here
featuring Edgar Froese (Tangerine Dream)

5. For The Love Of Money
feat. Ian Paice (Deep Purple) • Nik Turner (Hawkwind)

6. Can't Find My Way Home
feat. Steve Howe (Yes) • Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater) • Mel Collins (King Crimson)

7. 2000 Light Years From Home
featuring Simon House (Hawkwind)

8. Riders On The Storm
feat. Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big) • Rod Argent (Argent)

9. Blinded By The Light
feat. Joakim Svalberg (Opeth) • Ginger Baker (Cream)

10. Out Of The Blue
featuring Simon House (Hawkwind)

11. Old Man featuring
David Cross (King Crimson)

12. Dream Weaver
featuring Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra)

13. I'm Not In Love
featuring Rick Wakeman (Yes)

14. Africa
featuring Bobby Kimball (Toto) • Patrick Moraz (The Moody Blues)

Roye Albrighton: Vocals, Guitar
Ron Howden: Drums, Vocals
Klaus Henatsch: Keyboards, Hammond, Mellotron, Vocals
Billy Sherwood, Peter Pichl: Bass

Disponible sólo a los usuarios

MY NEW TRADE LIST-ABRIL 2016-DVDs-Blue RayS And more KISS
https://mega.nz/#F!c0wGhKCK!PjmDCqhWUnBqyd6mZHezcg

unica723Fecha: Miércoles, 2012-11-14, 10:38 PM | Mensaje # 2
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Administradores
Estatus: Offline
Este CD es, entre otras cosas, un producto más de los logrados en 2012 por el ocupado e inquieto Billy SHERWOOD (‡). También es el 16º álbum oficial de estudio (^) de NEKTAR, grupo británico alineado en esta realización con Roye ALBRIGHTON (canto, guitarras), Klaus HENATSCH (teclados) y Ron HOWDEN (batería, percusiones, coros), más una enorme lista de músicos roqueros de alta alcurnia que apoyaron con la grabación del disco y aparecen como músicos invitados, a saber: Michael PINNELLA (SYMPHONY X) en 1, Mark KELLY (MARILLION) en 2, Geoff DOWNES (ASIA / YES) y Joel VANDROOGENBROECK (BRAINTICKET) en 3, Edgar FROESE (TANGERINE DREAM) en 4, Ian PAICE (DEEP PURPLE) y Nik TURNER (HAWKWIND) en 5, Steve HOWE (YES), Derek SHERINIAN (DREAM THEATER / BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION) y Mel COLLINS (KING CRIMSON) en 6, Simon HOUSE (HAWKWIND) en 7, Billy SHEEHAN (Mr. BIG) y Rod ARGENT (The ZOMBIES / ARGENT) en 8, Joakim SVALBERG (OPETH) y Ginger BAKER (CREAM) en 9, Simon HOUSE (HAWKWIND) en 10, David CROSS (KING CRIMSON) en 11, Jerry GOODMAN (MAHAVISHNU ORCHESTRA) en 12, Rick WAKEMAN (YES) en 13 y, finalmente, Bobby KIMBALL (TOTO) y Patrick MORAZ (YES / The MOODY BLUES) en 14.¡UF! Pero más allá de las manos que tocaron esta realización está la música, solaz del alma y alimento del estado de ánimo.

Discos similares a éste que vienen a la mente, donde un artista toca e interpreta temas de otros, son "Cover to Cover" y "Cover 2 Cover", claro, "Songs from the Mirror" y "Scratch My Back". La diferencia de "A Spoonful of Time" «Una Cucharada de Tiempo» con esos, es que aquellos suenan bien y son sencillos de gustar tanto por la selección de temas como por la inyección de estilo propio, mientras que éste es laxo y aburrido, además de carecer de un amplio espectro de emoción, muy a pesar de la buena dosis de psicodelia espacial característica de NEKTAR. Tal vez resulte más interesante la amplia gama de canciones elegidas para hacer el disco (tanto de época como de estilo) que la música en sí, aunque seguro estoy que habrá a quien le parezca que este disco es estupendo.

Forum » Albumes » Agencia tributaria » NEKTAR - A Spoonful Of Time (2012) (Progresive Hard Rock-Germany-Covers)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
brocklesnar

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024