Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: unica723  
Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » CHASING VIOLETS - Jade Hearts (2013) (Melodic Hard Rock)
CHASING VIOLETS - Jade Hearts (2013)
ojotigreFecha: Domingo, 2013-06-23, 12:12 PM | Mensaje # 1
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Usuarios
Estatus: Offline
CHASING VIOLETS - Jade Hearts (2013)

After last year's good debut, the sensual French sisters Sarah & Mélissa Fontaine CHASING VIOLETS are back with their second effort "Jade Hearts" which again is written and produced by Frédéric Slama from the band AOR.
As in his own projects, Slama get some heavyweight help from the likes of Tommy Denander, Paul Sabu, Goran Edman, Mikael Erlandsson (Last Autumn's Dream), Bob Harris (Axe) and members of Alien, Hardline & Lionville to name just a few.

Looking at the cover and some other sensual promotional pictures of both singers (although heavily photoshoped) if you never heard Chasing Violets before, you hardly guess this is a Melodic Rock / AOR album.
The truth is the girls actually can sing a tune, both featuring a similar register and never too much over the top, but the ladies are cleverly conducted by the slick production for a smooth delivery. Add to this a really solid background vocal contribution by the likes of Edman, Erlandsson or Rick Riso plus a really sharp musicianship and you have a stunning product.
"Jade Hearts" certainly has a very sexy edge to it, but underneath lies a thumping beast of an album. The CD starts off perfectly with the keyboard driven "The Main Attraction" and continues rocking with "Web Of Lies".

There's some cuts like "Secrets In The Shadows", title track "Jade Hearts" and "Hollow Triumph" balancing the record with a velvety Westcoast AOR feel, but most of the material here go towards uptempo Melodic Rock / AOR.
Songs like "Halo Of Light", "Deception In Heaven" and "Silent Victory" (one of the highlights) rock with solid beats and quick riffs, even "I Owe It To Myself" flirts with a more melodic hard rock edge.
One song in particular that I love on here is "The Scarlet Nymph" where Sarah & Melissa voices blend so well seamlessly together on a pure AOR bliss layered instrumentation.

The second installment from Chasing Violets is stronger that debut, solidly produced, written and conducted by Frédéric Slama and his accomplished session musicians.
Even though the Fontaine sisters vocal performance became a bit predictable at places, "Jade Hearts" is a very good female fronted Melodic Rock / AOR album, dynamic, truly entertaining. There's a great, enjoyable musicianship throughout (and killer solos to boot) but perhaps some tracks are too long. If they had just cut some of the fat off the songs then we would have a contender for album of the year. It's a pretty small niggle to have, I know, especially when otherwise "Jade Hearts" is just so damn good.
Very Recommended.

01. The Main Attraction
02. Web Of Lies
03. A Shot In The Dark
04. Silent Victory
05. Deception In Heaven
06. Jade Hearts
07. Secrets In The Shadows
08. Hollow Triumph
09. Exile In Sadness
10. The Scarlet Nymph
11. Halo Of Light
12. I Owe It to Myself

Sarah & Mélissa Fontaine - Lead & Backing Vocals
Frédéric Slama - Guitars & Keyboards
Tommy Denander - All Instruments
Paul Sabu - All Instruments
Göran Edman - Lead & Backing Vocals
Mikael Erlandsson - Lead & Backing Vocals
Bob Harris - Lead & Backing Vocals
Rick Riso - Lead & Backing Vocals
Christian Tolle - Guitars & Bass
David Mark Pearce - Guitar
Linkan Andersson - Guitar
Stefano Lionetti - Guitar
Mario Percudani - Guitar
Carmine Martone - Guitar
Alessandro Del Vecchio - Keyboards & Drums
Eric Ragno - Keyboards
Colin Rodgers - Keyboards
Ken Sandin - Bass
Anna Portalupi - Bass
Sacha Spiegel - Drums
Pat Thern - Drums

http://uploaded.net/file/r8au9vvj
Archivos adjuntos: 2718864.gif (199.1 Kb)

MY NEW TRADE LIST-ABRIL 2016-DVDs-Blue RayS And more KISS
https://mega.nz/#F!c0wGhKCK!PjmDCqhWUnBqyd6mZHezcg

Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » CHASING VIOLETS - Jade Hearts (2013) (Melodic Hard Rock)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
sekes, Melissavita

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024