Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: unica723  
Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » MARAGOLD (Greg Howe) - ST (2013)
MARAGOLD (Greg Howe) - ST (2013)
ojotigreFecha: Viernes, 2013-05-03, 2:10 PM | Mensaje # 1
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Usuarios
Estatus: Offline
MARAGOLD (Greg Howe) - ST (2013)

A funk-savvy speedster, Greg Howe injected the '80s guitar shred scene with some much-needed shake and soul. His self-titled solo debut is amongst the Top 10 Classic Shred Albums of all time.
The remarkable aspect of Howe's style is his ability to strike the finest balance between tasteful melody and the 'no way did he just play that!' factor.
Greg's playing has graced the stage along side pop heavyweights such as Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilara or Rhianna, and the man has an impressive catalogue of instrumental, rock and jazz fusion guitar records. Always aiming for something different Howe has now assembled a band with the traditional Rock format; MARAGOLD, which self-titled debut CD features energetic vocally driven songs with a punch.

Maragold started as an idea between Greg and long time friend and bassist Kevin Vecchione, who had played on Greg’s 'Five' album and toured with him. They long talked about starting a band together, but finally turned all that talk into action when they recruited drummer Gianluca Palmieri. All they needed was a voice.
That's when Vecchione, while on tour in the Tri-State area, discovered an amazing vocal talent in Meghan Krauss, a classically trained female singer who was fronting a Deleware based cover band.
So, how the Rock&Pop / Hard Rock songwriter version of Greg Howe sound like?
Well it turns out pretty darn good. "Maragold" doesn't just feature four superbly talented musicians, it confidently establishes a new rocking band and one that I can surely say does not sound like anyone else.

Singer and relative newcomer Meghan Krauss makes her first impression with tremendous authority, delivering killer impressive vocal performances that are both soulful and bold. She has an obvious bluesy influence, and it works really well here. Meghan will knock you on your ass and remind you why you listen to Rock in the first place.
Bassist Kevin Vecchione and drummer Gianluca Palmieri both shine in nuance, playing exactly what the song needs at the right time, and keeping a tight pocket groove.
Greg's playing is of course fantastic, but he doesn't over do it with the shred factor. Most of the record is just really great rhythm guitar playing, with tasteful fills and awesome tones. When the time for a guitar solo does come up, Howe seizes the moment brilliantly without overstaying his welcome, mixing melodic lines along with ear-melting runs.

Maragold's first single "Evergreen Is Golder" it's a great rocking way to open the CD. It's high energy featuring tight instrumentation, a strong vocal hook and a superb melodic solo. This track represents the band very well, and sets the tone for the rest of the record.
Follower "Saturday Sun" keeps things up with a bluesy guitar riff and an uplifting chorus. For the guitar solo, Greg keeps things interesting with some creative and tasteful use of a Whammy pedal.
We have jumpin' heavy funk rhythms on "Lullaby", while "Oracle" adds some modern hard rock nuances to the proceedings showcasing Howe's class and superb sound set.
The fifth track on the album, "Cry", was one that stuck out to me. This ballad starts off with a somewhat unusual guitar riff and a really cool 6/8 groove that's a refreshing change of pace from the previous tracks. Awesome and original.

Another highlight is "Paradigm Tsunami". The arrangements are inventive, dynamic and moving. There's a hot funk rhythm during the verses, but the track explodes into an edgy hard rockin' blast during the chorus. Check the short guitar solo: it's out of this world.
Maragold goes for 'progressive rock& pop' (yes, you read well) in "Penniless and Sane", then acoustic guitars and strings arrive in the atmospheric "Story's Ending".
Muscular riffs drive the bluesy hard rocker "Magic Pain", where Meghan throws husky vocals into, the rhythm section provides a steady foundation and Howe puts all on fire in between. Here's the only song where he gets loose, and oh man, the guy is incredible.
Last cut "Boom Boom Tap (Dance On)" rocks in a melodic bluesy style recalling Richie Kotzen solo works, with Meghan sounding like a female version of Dug Pinnick from King's X. Solid, organic track with an excellent vibe.

"Maragold" is a must listen for sure. More than just the beginning of a new era for Greg Howe it's the forging of a new rocking band, one really, really interesting and original.
Meghan's voice steals the show in a lot of ways, but I think that is no accident. I think Howe and the band knew what they had in a terrific singer and tailored the music accordingly.
They set out to write a collection of great rockin' songs, and not just create an excuse to show off their chops (which they own in abundance), and that meant making sure the vocals were a focal point. Of course the electric guitar aficionado will find some exquisite guitar playing and imaginative arrangements as well.
Very Recommended.

01 - Evergreen Is Golder
02 - Saturday Sun
03 - Lullaby
04 - Oracle
05 - Cry
06 - Paradigm Tsunami
07 - Penniless and Sane
08 - Story's Ending
09 - Magic Pain
10 - Boom Boom Tap (Dance On)

Meghan Krauss - Vocals
Greg Howe - Guitars
Kevin Vecchione - Bass
Gianluca Palmieri - Drums

Disponible sólo a los usuarios

MY NEW TRADE LIST-ABRIL 2016-DVDs-Blue RayS And more KISS
https://mega.nz/#F!c0wGhKCK!PjmDCqhWUnBqyd6mZHezcg

fensonFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 11:50 AM | Mensaje # 2
Pide asilo
Buenisimo Greg Howe.

ojotigreFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 12:11 PM | Mensaje # 3
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Cita (fenson)
Buenisimo Greg Howe.
Si,efectivamente, pero me quedo con la cantante.......... smile

rattandrollFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 8:43 PM | Mensaje # 4
Se engancha al metal
cuando le doy me baja un Margold exe........es un programa....que hago no me mola ejecutar este tipo de programs.son malas cartas para mi anticuado pc

heaven´s hung in black

ojotigreFecha: Sábado, 2013-05-04, 9:20 PM | Mensaje # 5
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Cita (rattandroll)
cuando le doy me baja un Margold exe........es un programa....que hago no me mola ejecutar este tipo de programs.son malas cartas para mi anticuado pc
 Tienes que darle al apartado SLOW SPEED DOWNLOAD que es el apartado Free, esperas los segundos que te dice y metes las letras, y luego le das al apartado de descangar-Download y ya esta. En muchas paginas y servidores lo primero que te aparece es DOWNLOAD, en grande, que no es la descarga y pasa lo que has ocmentado que se intenta descargar un archivo exe, pero esa no es la descarga.

Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » MARAGOLD (Greg Howe) - ST (2013)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
brocklesnar

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024