Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: unica723  
Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » VOODOO VEGAS - The Rise Of Jimmy Silver (2013) (Rock, Hard Rock)
VOODOO VEGAS - The Rise Of Jimmy Silver (2013)
unica723Fecha: Miércoles, 2013-04-03, 10:04 AM | Mensaje # 1
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Administradores
Estatus: Offline
VOODOO VEGAS - The Rise Of Jimmy Silver (2013)

The vast amount of exciting new music being released by fresh faces these days is astonishing, and honestly hard to keep track of. The latest band to keep an eye on is the English quintet known as Voodoo Vegas. I first stumbled across this band in 2009 but was slightly disappointed to find out that their only available material was a live album -- thankfully a true debut is now upon us in the form of The Rise Of Jimmy Silver.
You can usually pinpoint a group's influences while listening to an album, but Voodoo Vegas defy categorization as this album takes endless twists and turns. It is the band's refusal to be pigeon-holed that makes The Rise Of Jimmy Silver such a great disc and at the same time sets them apart from the cookie-cutter sounds that infiltrate many releases by rock virgins. Voodoo Vegas offer straight-ahead hard-hitting rock on "King Without A Crown", the understandable choice for first single, the incredible "Bullet", which has an extended guitar solo that would make Lynyrd Skynyrd wet their pants, and the commercially aimed "No More".
"What I Pay" is an acoustic number that begins Voodoo Vegas' transformation on this debut disc. "Mary Jane" is a scream fest that takes on a dreamy quality during the chorus with mixed results before the harmonica propels the honky tonk influenced "Ferry Song". I could live without "Lost In Confusion", but you quickly forget about that when longtime staple "So Unkind" (the song that first turned me onto the band many years ago) shifts into high gear with its slide guitar delivery and "Jimmy Silver" ends the disc with a high energy anthem. Five of these songs first appeared on the 2009 Live album, but they sound so much better this time around and really display how Voodoo Vegas has grown over time.
The calendar has barely flipped into 2013 and thanks to artists like Voodoo Vegas the list of must-own albums is already growing at a rapid rate. A healthy dose of '80s sleaze crossbred with '70s classic rock is what you will find on The Rise Of Jimmy Silver -- an impressive debut album that should usher in 'the rise of' Voodoo Vegas.

01 - Intro
02 - King Without A Crown
03 - Bullet
04 - No More
05 - What I Pay
06 - Interlude
07 - Mary Jane
08 - Ferry Song
09 - Lost In Confusion
10 - So Unkind
11 - Jimmy Silver

Lawrence Case – Vocals, Harmonica
Nick Brown – Guitar
Merylina Hamilton – Guitar
Ash Moulton – Bass
Matt Jolly – Drums
Stevie Vann Lange - guest Backing Vocals

Disponible sólo a los usuarios
Archivos adjuntos: 3009564.jpg (26.9 Kb) · 2560027.gif (148.8 Kb)

Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » VOODOO VEGAS - The Rise Of Jimmy Silver (2013) (Rock, Hard Rock)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
brocklesnar, felipedream, sekes, Melissavita

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024