Inicio|Registrarse | Entrada HolaVisitante|RSS
[ Mensajes nuevos · Usuarios · Normas del foro · Buscar · RSS ]
  • Página 1 de 1
Moderador del foro: unica723  
Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » THE DAMNED — Friday 13th EP 2013 (Punk Rock | Rock)
THE DAMNED — Friday 13th EP 2013
unica723Fecha: Jueves, 2013-01-03, 12:56 PM | Mensaje # 1
EsparaelMetalTeaM
Grupo: Administradores
Estatus: Offline
THE DAMNED — Friday 13th EP 2013

The Damned must have been through approximately a million line-ups, but the Vanian/Sensible/Scabies/Gray line-up has always been my favourite, and this EP as an example of just how good they were in the early 80s.

When I had just discovered The Damned, "Disco Man" was my favourite song, and after dusting off the EP and giving it another listen, I was happy to discover that it's still as irresistable as ever. In spite of the silly lyrics, ("Take my hand, disco man/Are you just a one night stand?") it's so fun and infectious that it can get away with it.

"Billy Bad Breaks" is equally catchy, a brilliant (if disposable) piece of pop, and "Citadel" is an excellent cover of the Stones song.

But the reason I went through a phase of listening to Friday the 13th on repeat a couple of years ago was "The Limit Club" - possibly one of the best songs The Damned ever did, and sadly underrated.

I had a dream or was it true
I saw the sun set low on you
In a blood red sun's final rays
We laughed at that subtle shadow play...

"The Limit Club" is proof that The Damned really were at their peak after the punk and before the goth-pop. Melancholy, swooning, psychedelic-tinged heaven.

1.Billy Bad Breaks
2.Disco Man
3.Limit Club
4.Citadel

Disponible sólo a los usuarios
Archivos adjuntos: 4502451.jpg (33.7 Kb)

Forum » Albumes » Novedades Internacionales » THE DAMNED — Friday 13th EP 2013 (Punk Rock | Rock)
  • Página 1 de 1
Búscar:

Hoy nos han visitado:
brocklesnar, felipedream, sekes, Melissavita, zemauro

Este sitio no contiene ningún tipo de fichero ó archivo que viole la propiedad intelectual.
Somos un foro gratuito y sin ningun lucro implicito.
EsparaelMetal no se hace responsable de cualquier posible violacion a cosa con copyright.
Todo lo aquí publicado ha sido encontrado en el libre internet.
EsparaelMetal@2010 Algunos derechos reservados

Web optimizada para una resolucion de 1024x768

Copyright MyCorp © 2024